Friday 24 July 2015

Sweet Succulents

Hey!

First proper post, eekk! Well, better get on with it..

I'm not an avid gardener, I mean, I can barely remember to water my cactus. That's right, I have a prickly companion who sits on my window and sheds his spikes all over my window sill. I do love him though - so much so, that I named him Jeremiah. I got him a few weeks back as a present after doing so well in my ballet exam from my mum. And damn, he's cute.

Okay, maybe I sound weird. I just really love my cactus! I've never really been a plant person besides that, but recently the trend of terrariums and succulents has impressed me vastly. And why not? They're cute, small and affordable - so I'm going to round up my favourite succulents from across the web for you. Excited? You should be!

(Succulents are plants with fleshy leaves that can store water like the Aloe Vera plant)

Haworthia Truncata Succulent Plant

What? Haworthia Truncata Succulent Plant

From? CactusLimon on Etsy (shop for it here)

Price? £5.80 GBP or $8.75 USD

Why I Like It? Small, cute, and different! I love how uneven the clumps are, very characteristic.


What? 12 2" Succulents In Tins

From? SANPEDROCACTUS on Etsy (shop for it here)

Price? £22.28 GBP or $33.60 USD

Why I Like It? These little tinned succulents are perfect for wedding favours or gifts! The rosette shapes made these interesting and adorable for your special day.


Echeveria 'Chrissy n Ryan'
What? Echeveria 'Chrissy n Ryan'

From? Surreal Succulents (shop for it here)

Price? £4.95 GBP

Why I Like It? This unusually-named Echeveria is a picturesque succulent with it's tinged pink tips and rosette form.

Succulent Plant. Crassula Falcata. Known as the Propeller Plant.



What? Crassula Falcata

From? SucculentBeauties on Etsy (shop for it here)

Price? £5.30 GBP or $7.99 USD

Why I Like It? Nicknamed the Propeller Plant, this succulent blooms vibrant orange. The leaves are curiously twisted and are sure to make any garden a talking point.

So what are you waiting for? Become a gardener quickly with these sweet succulents! And psst, I'll leave you with some of my favourite planters:
Medium concrete planter, handmade cachepot, modern geometric style
Medium concrete planter, £17.44, from here

Camera Planter - cement retro home decor, hipster chic, garden succulents
Camera Planter, £25.86, from here
Succulent Planters, Modern Indoor Planters, Cubist Design in Recycled Wood
Cubist Planter, £28.51, from here


Yours,

e.m.






1 comment:

  1. love all of these especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts.